Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s prompt is: 10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads (Or Ten Of The Best Books I’ve Read Recently). Hopefully you have enjoyed some of our picks too!
1. Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston
This novel, guys. It is utterly amazing, and beautiful, and important. A must read, in my book.
2. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
An excellent, wonderful book, I almost wish there were a sequel in the works just so I could spend more time in the world.
3. The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere #1) by Heidi Heilig
Enchanting from beginning to end, I loved every page, and cannot wait for book 2.
4. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
Another great novel from E.K. Johnston, A Thousand Nights was quite unique in it’s storytelling (only one character is actually given a name). I flew through it in one sitting.
5. See How They Run (Embassy Row #2) by Ally Carter
I love Ally Carter’s books, and See How They Run was not a disappointment. In fact, I loved it even more than Embassy Row book 1, All Fall Down, which is quite a feat.
1. The Aeronaut’s Windlass (The Cinder Spires #1) by Jim Butcher
This one received 4 stars from me because it took a while to get into the book, but once I was in, I was in for good. The writing was excellent, the characters were fun, and I really enjoyed the world it was set in.
2. The Raven Boys/The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #1 & #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
Both of these books received the coveted 5 Stars from me (I’m stingy with my 5 star ratings) because I love them SO MUCH! READ THEM!
3. Secondhand Spirits (Witchcraft Mystery #1) by Juliet Blackwell
I gave this one 4 stars because the mystery felt really scripted. I’ve been told that the rest of them get better and that the first one is easily the least favorite of the series but I did enjoy the premise and the characters very much.
4. Storm Siren by Mary Weber
This e-book took me a long time to read, mostly because I got distracted a lot and forgot I was reading it. I gave it 4 stars in the end because it was fun, creative, and I enjoyed the ending immensely. It’s not what you expect.
5. A Man of Character by Margaret Locke
This is the most recent e-book that I read. I picked it up because I liked the premise of the book so much and it turns out that I was not let down. I gave it 4 stars because when it came to the romance it was pretty typical albeit a ton of fun! I did really enjoy the characters in this one and couldn’t decide which guy I should cheer for.